By deactivating the timestamp function
and DOS filenames free up disk space
The capacity of a hard drive has to be used sparingly at the moment. In this tip I show two ways to get more storage space from an SSD.
The following deactivations under Windows 10 give you more hard drive space on an SSD hard drive.
1. Timestamp function: This function saves which file was opened, edited and created and when. Who does not and most are simply deactivate it.
2. Deactivate DOS filenames: DOS filenames are still saved for compatibility reasons, but most of these functions are not needed either and can be deactivated.
To deactivate the two functions, proceed as follows:
- Use the key combination "Windows key + r" and enter "cmd" and confirm the command with Enter.
- The command fsutil behavior set disablelastaccess 1 deactivates the timestamp function
- The command fsutil behavior set disable8dot3 1 deactivates the storage of the DOS file name
Have fun testing!
|Windows 10 tips recommendation|
This tip comes from www.win-tipps-tweaks.de
© Copyright Michael Hille
Using Registry Editor or its tips incorrectly can cause serious system problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Tampering with the registry files and using the tips is at your own risk.