Are you looking for a good watch?

• I've had many watches in my life, never a really nice one (all were under $100), but I liked them and they served their purpose. On this occasion I would like some recommendations as I am really clueless on the matter. Here are my wishes/requirements:

- The watch should be in the $500-600 range, definitely not over the $700 mark

- I prefer "classic" styles that suit a gentleman

- It doesn't have to be fancy like full of diamonds and other precious stones

- It must be a quality piece that can be passed on later in life

While I have no idea, I realize that the price range might be a bit low as it seems watches can get very expensive. But I believe that my budget should meet my needs.

What I want from you are recommendations on brands and models. Also, what should I avoid? And don't hesitate to share your watch experiences you've had.

thanks for looking

Talk is silver, excuses are gold!

• I have a SEIKO 5 Sports GMT Batman Edition 1000 watch with a silver dial. I absolutely love it. It's a solid watch. Very heavy and good quality. You can definitely feel it on your wrist when you wear it. It holds up pretty well, about +/- 5 or so a day after a good break-in period. The only limitation is size. It's quite a large watch and in hindsight a bit too big for me (well...very big for my weak arms but I still love it) but it's still comfortable to wear. My only real gripe was that the bezel was slightly misaligned on mine, but that wasn't too much work to fix.

Love begins where nothing in return is expected!

• * Blue *

Closed the topic